A PROFESSIONALISM MANAGEMENT PLATFORM FOR LAWYERS & FIRMS
AVVY.PRO is a platform developed by the team at Standpoint, specifically built for lawyers and firms to proactively manage and improve professional performance. This isn’t another practice management tool – think of it more as the ‘Fitbit for lawyers’.
We designed Avvy to manage and improve performance across a number of critical practice areas including communication, professional responsibility and ethics, and office systems.
The platform delivers value in three ways:
- Engages the professional through an interactive lawyer or firm self-assessment focused on outcomes-based objectives and best practices,
- Creates a complete reference report documenting the assessment contents and the self-assessed answers from the respondent, and,
- Uses the priority (lowest scoring) objectives along with Avvy.Pro’s legal resource library to automatically curate a list of follow up educational resources targeting those priorities.
HOW IT WORKS
AVVY.PRO is a hub for professional improvement, serving the needs of both the regulator and legal professionals.
Lawyers and firms benefit from the process of confidential self-reflection and the insights gleaned from their personal assessment report. These insights are used to promote focus on the performance gaps most in need of attention. Self-assessing professional performance is a continuous process and not a single event. Lawyers can return to their assessment in 6 months or a year and re-do sections to see if they’ve improved or spot trends before they become a concern.
Regulators and non-unified bar associations benefit from unbiased, 3rd party insights via anonymized aggregate reporting on the jurisdiction’s lawyers. This reporting provides a valuable perspective of the needs of the profession, and gives regulatory, CLE and practice support teams the evidence-based support they require to create new programs and resources targeting those needs directly.
Providing tools and programs to the lawyers in your jurisdiction has never been easier. AVVY.PRO gives you access to the best available professional resources imbedded in a series of template modules. The modules deliver most of the materials you require for self-assessments and other professionalism programs, all hosted on a secure, state-of-the-art delivery platform.
Regulators and professional associations can customize the templates with localized expertise and resources. This maximizes the utility and relevance of the tools published to your community of lawyers, increasing the likelihood of best practices being incorporated into daily practice.
Programs are published via a single, dedicated link; no PDFs, no Word document attachments. As program materials evolve over time, lawyers always have access to up-to-date material whenever they click the link.
There are two general modes of operation on the platform:
- Reactive mode (1:1), for mandatory self-assessments and audits required as a result of a practice review or discipline process, and,
- Proactive mode (1:n), for jurisdiction-wide proactive initiatives such as PMBR, Entity Regulation or other jurisdiction wide programs where the regulator seeks to better understand the needs of the lawyer population at large and support them with relevant resources.
1:1 deployments are tailored to single, named respondents only, and are based on the nature of the remediation and the specific data required.
Proactive programs published to entire memberships are 100% anonymous, and data collected and reviewed by the individual lawyer or firm is never shared with anyone. Regulators can receive anonymized, aggregated reporting, providing valuable insights into the needs and requirements of the membership at large, to help inform program and resource development.
Do self-assessments improve professional performance and reduce complaints against lawyers and firms?
There is mounting evidence to suggest that the answer is ‘yes.’ We’ve analyzed available reports and data from legal regulators from around the world, and the overwhelming indication is that professionals with increased self-awareness — the outcome of a well structured self-assessment process — make greater efforts to track and improve the gaps they discover in their professional performance.
Increased professional self-awareness provides many other benefits, including:
- Avoiding pitfalls and improving competitive advantage, by leveraging objective feedback on strengths and weaknesses.
- Better decision-making skills. Knowing who you are as a professional leads to stronger intuition, better judgement, and to increased confidence in decisions.
- Lower stress. It’s difficult to cope with poor results when you don’t understand what causes them.
- Stronger motivation. Professional self-awareness is empowering, because knowing where you are and where you want to be, and by seeing a pathway to get there, makes all the difference in staying focused and motivated.